iGMS boasts a professional cleaning management toolset. It streamlines all cleaning and maintenance activities, regardless of if you outsource them or coordinate your own cleaning team.
Where can I find the tools to manage my cleanings?
All cleaning tasks and handyman jobs are displayed in the Tasks section. Here you can see the tasks scheduled for each day and their statuses.
A task can have one of five statuses:
- Unassigned status means that nobody from the cleaning team has been assigned to it.
- Assigned status means that the task has been assigned to a cleaner.
- Accepted status means that the cleaner accepted the task.
- Completed status means that the cleaner has completed the task.
- Rejected status means that the cleaner declined the task (in which case the cleaner must provide a reason).
The iGMS system allows you to set the sequence of the cleaning tasks directly by moving the tasks up/down manually.
What information can I see in the Task’s Card?
The task card contains important parameters reflecting the complexity of each task:
- The day when the cleanings should be done and its time frame. If the property has no guests checking in this day, you will see the checkout time as Vacant. This feature helps you to set up priorities accordingly.
- The cleaning team member responsible for the job. The task can be assigned if needed.
- The number and type of beds the cleaning team needs to make. This provides a cleaner with information about the linen needed.
- Regular and specific instructions highlight the important information about the property: location of the parking, how garbage collection should be done, check if all the windows must be closed, etc.
- On the right side of the screen, you can also find more information about how many guests are checking out and checking in and the duration of their stay. Specific tasks, like handyman assignments, are also displayed here.
All these notes help you to manage the cleanings fast, yet accurately, as the regular instructions can be imported from the templates and automated.
How can I create a cleaning task or handyman job?
Whenever a new booking is approved, on the day of the guest’s check out the iGMS system automatically creates a new cleaning task. It uses the task parameters that you set for the certain property. In this scenario, you should only assign the cleaner.
If needed, you can also manually create and edit a cleaning task for any day and any property using the button ‘New Cleaning’.
If you want to schedule a task for a handyman, you’ll follow the same procedure. You can create this type of task only manually as this is more of an irregular task.
A handyman task includes the property address, the day and the duration of the task and instructions.
Who can see or change the tasks?
The access is granted depending on the role of the team member. The head of cleaners, manager or administrator can assign a task to a certain cleaner, change the task parameters, and add the instructions. The cleaners can see the task description and change the status.
I have several properties and many tasks. Where can I view the complete picture?
The iGMS Task section displays the general data that is useful to manage all cleaning operations via one screen. The head of cleaners can see the following for each day:
- Total number of cleaning and handyman jobs to be completed.
- When the cleaning team’s workday starts and ends.
- Number and types of beds so that they can organize linen.
- Work hours of the cleaning team that you can use to plan the payment.
Can I see the task details only in the iGMS account?
To simplify your communication with the cleaning team you might want to print tasks. This can easily be done by turning the task’s description into the text form. You can also copy and share the information as a message. Cleaning tasks could be as well exported with the Calendar Export in the iCal format to the digital calendars (Google, macOS, etc).
How do cleaners know they have a new task?
Immediately after the cleaning task is created, the assigned cleaner receives a text message and an email with the task details. The cleaner receives the second reminder the evening before the day on which the task has been scheduled. Please note that the text messaging is free for iGMS users.
In addition to the notifications, cleaners have a daily job schedule available in their account. Each job contains information regarding the property, date, time of cleaning, standard and additional instructions.
Moreover, cleaners can install the iGMS app (available at AppStore and Google Play) and have regular access to all the information. When the next task is created, they’ll also get a push notification.
How do I know if the task has been completed?
The cleaner changes the status of the job during and after its execution. This allows the manager to track the cleaning progress in real time which enables him/her to check in guests faster.