Inviting your cleaning team to the platform would probably be the first step once you have decided to set up cleanings and tasks management with iGMS. There are two roles which relate to the cleaning domain: Cleaner and Head of Cleaners.
- The Cleaners are responsible for cleaning operations and tasks. This role can be assigned to a handyman too, but the tasks will refer to his/her area of expertise. To simplify things, we will unite both subroles under one umbrella, namely Cleaner.
- The Head of Cleaners manages cleaning tasks and coordinates cleaning activities. The team member with this role is authorized to invite new cleaners to the platform. You can appoint several team members to this role.
Both roles can be enhanced with additional permissions or adjusted with access rights..
Who is authorized to invite members of the cleaning team?
The Administrator can invite and delete Cleaners and Heads of Cleaners.
The Head of Cleaners is authorized to invite Cleaners (handymen) only.
How to invite a cleaner to your team?
The process is similar to the one described in the article How to invite a team member and consists of four steps:
- Set up a new user profile and notifications in the Team & Members section, the Personal Information tab.
- Specify the role and permissions via the Permissions Tab in the cleaning team.
- Set up permissions and restrictions, if needed.
- Double-check the contact information and confirm the invite.
When a new cleaner accepts your invite, you can start assigning new tasks and add him/her to the auto-assign cleaners’ list.
How can I ensure the cleaners get notifications about new tasks?
To make sure that your cleaners get notifications about the cleaning task we recommend that you check:
- Cleaners’ contact details. Both email address and phone number are used to send the notifications. If your cleaners download the iGMS mobile app, they will also get push notifications via the app. Note that you can change the email address and phone number, if necessary, for team member notifications in their profile. It will not substitute the initial one, but will serve as an alternative.
- Cleaners’ access to the property that he/she is supposed to take care of. This can be done in the team member’s card, namely in the Access Filter. If your cleaner has no access to the property, you won’t be able to assign this cleaner to the task.
How can I control what my cleaners can view and access?
When inviting cleaners to the team, you can configure the additional permissions and access to the properties that you want them to work with. By default, a cleaner has only access to the tasks assigned to him/her and is authorized to accept or reject the task.
If you want your cleaners to help you with check-ins or guest communication, you need to assign them additional permissions or possibly even change the role.
What can the head of cleaners do?
The Head of Cleaners can invite cleaners and handymen to the team, manage their tasks and set up access to the property.
If you have more questions about cleanings set up, please contact us via email@example.com.