Are you ready to expand your vacation rental business? If that is the case, it’s time to add one or even two new Airbnb listings to your portfolio. The good news is that you can create a new Airbnb listing directly via iGMS. This step-by-step instruction has been prepared for you to guide you through the process.
Step 1 – Create the Property
Go to the Property tab and click on New Property.
You will see the Channels in the right panel of General Information. Note that the Publish on Airbnb button will be disabled until you have created a property.
Provide the property’s Nickname and then click on the Create button.
Step 2 – Create the Listing
First, in the Channels of the Property Editor select Publish Listing on Airbnb.
Here’s the Listing Editor.
To publish a listing on Airbnb via iGMS, all five check marks must be green. It doesn’t mean that you have to fill in all the fields. When the check mark is green, it means that the info in that section is enough for publishing a listing.
In general, the Listing Editor has Listing Information (some fields are mandatory), Booking Information (no mandatory fields), and Additional Information (info about permits and IDs).
Let’s explore more details.
Here you can define how guests will see your Airbnb listing.
Fields with a check mark next to them are mandatory. There are six of them under General and Pricing:
- Title (between 5 to 255 characters);
- Description (min. 50 characters);
- Photos (minimum of seven high-res photos that are 800×500 pixels);
- Amenities (minimum of five);
- Base Price (default daily price for the listing – the price cannot be lower than $10).
Once these fields have been filled in correctly, the check mark next to General and Pricing will change to green. This means that the information meets the requirements.
Non-mandatory fields, such as the listing’s Currency as well as pricing management tools, including Management Fee, are also included here.
This section covers a future reservation’s conditions.
Important: if you create a listing via iGMS, according to Airbnb requirements, it’s open for Instant Book. It’s not possible to disable Instant Book later.
Here you can clarify the house rules and choose the cancellation policy. You can set different check-in and checkout times for different days of the week in the Availability section, set a minimum and maximum number of nights for the reservation, and decide if you wish to receive reservations within a short notice.
The Check-in and Checkout Time set via the Property Editor can be different (overridden) here, or it can be the same as in the Property Editor. For example, you want the default check-in time for all your cleaning work to be 3 p.m.. However, for your guests, the check-in time can be different, so you can adjust it to your needs.
In this section you have to provide the information about registration and permits for Airbnb, e.g. Local Permit or Tax ID. We recommend confirming this data at the very beginning, otherwise Airbnb will not approve the listing for publication.
Step 3 – Publish the Listing
Take a look at the settings on the right side of the Listing Editor.
- Select an Airbnb account you want this listing to be connected to.
- If you have not finished editing the listing and need more time, just click on Save as Draft to return to your listing later.
Make sure that all the check marks are green and click on Publish.
The publication process normally takes a couple of minutes. The new Airbnb listing will appear in the chosen account under the Accounts & Listings section.
You will find all the information about the listing you have published on Airbnb, including the link and status, in Channels of the Property Editor.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The listing should appear immediately on Airbnb, however, sometimes listings are checked manually by the Airbnb team. It may take up to three days in general. In Paris and Berlin, the manual check is mandatory. In rare cases, other regions may also request a manual check of the listing.
- Make sure if publishing new listings in this way is allowed in your region. The regions that DO NOT allow this are: New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Portland (Oregon), Singapore, and Australia. Some restrictions also apply to: New Zealand and Japan. The list is not complete, and some restrictions may apply in other regions as well. In such cases, refer to the system instructions and error information.
- Please note that you need to be assigned with an Administrator role to be able to create a new listing.