As an official Airbnb partner, iGMS offers a stable connection with the platform via API. The Airbnb API connection is fast and more reliable than any other. However, it also has requirements and limitations to which iGMS must adhere.
We would like to bring to your attention a few points with regards to the Airbnb API:
- All listings connected via the API must meet Airbnb’s content listing criteria.
- Co-hosting is not supported through the API connection. Airbnb has an alternative for this – Hosting Teams.
- When connecting a listing to iGMS via the Airbnb API, it is possible to control the instant booking option by turning it on or off, this way, you can easily adjust the settings so only those guests who meet your requirements can book instantly.
- Once a listing is connected to iGMS via the API, the pricing and availability settings will no longer be accessible on Airbnb. We advise updating pricing and availability on iGMS directly.
- You can choose to sync only rates and availability on iGMS or sync the entire content of your listing. Make sure to check our article about the synchronization settings.
- If you block dates manually on Airbnb, they will not be pushed to iGMS via the Airbnb API. We advise you to block dates on the iGMS Calendars to ensure all your connected channels are updated accordingly.
To cover all your questions we, with some help from the Airbnb team, have put together a list of articles about the Airbnb API connection for the software-connected accounts.
- Why is a reservation missing from my software?
- How do I manage reservation alterations with my software?
- How do I fix listing errors for software-connected listings?
- Why are rates and availability displaying incorrectly in my calendar as a software-connected host?
- Why can’t I edit my listing details in Airbnb for software-connected listings?
- How do I update my listing address as a software-connected host?
- How do I cancel test bookings to test my software-connected listings?
- How do I switch to a new software?
- Why might guests run into booking errors for a software-connected listing?
- How do I create listings through my software provider?
- How can I directly merge and publish connected listings?
- What are my choices to sync listings through software?
- What are the policies for listings created using software?
- How do regional policies affect listings created through software connections?
If you have more questions about the Airbnb API and how to manage your software-connected listings, please let us know via email or in Live Chat.