What a year 2020 has been! It’s been tough going at times – but, together, we’ve made it through. Here’s to you and to your courage and energy!
While you’ve been busy wrapping up your presents, we’ve been busy wrapping up plenty of updates and improvements during the month of December.
Take a moment to read about the most recent changes to the iGMS system and find out how they may be of help to you in the coming year.
If you haven’t joined iGMS yet, now’s the time to do so. With our 14-day free trial, you can try out all the features for yourself, and find out just how much good they can do for your vacation rental business 🎁
- The Unified Inbox search has been refined to reduce the possibility of incorrect results when using the search bar🔍
- The guest card functionality has been reworked! Now the guest name is clickable in the Inbox thread. Here you will find the guest’s profile on the source platform.
- The Property Editor performance has been improved and now loads faster.
- The Awaiting payment and At checkpoint statuses for Airbnb reservations are now displayed at the top of the thread. This enables you to keep track of guest communication.
- An iGMS direct booking channel is now automatically featured in the list of channels in the Property Editor along with Airbnb and HomeAway/Vrbo channels.
- The processes relating to importing/creating Booking.com properties have been modified for properties without a Booking.com legal entity, unknown cancellation policies, and for those requiring local government licensing🏡
- When searching for the grouped listings, the head property name is now shown instead of the listing titles for grouped properties in the Accounts & Listings section.
- Reasons for a booking cancellation by a HomeAway or Vrbo guest are now displayed in the guest’s thread💬
- You will find HomeAway inquiries in the Unified Inbox – even if the inquiry data is missing🧵
- If a HomeAway/Vrbo listing’s title contains irrelevant information, this will now be automatically removed
📌 Here’s what our technical support team has fixed and put right during December:
- You can now turn off the Prices toggle in the New Multi-calendar, and it will hide prices from the view as designed.
- Booking.com Property editor now loads flawlessly from Accounts & Listings🏨
- The option to accept or decline Airbnb booking requests via the iGMS Inbox has been restored.
- The Alter Reservation button for direct booking threads now opens a reservation card where you can make the necessary changes💻
- The Change draft button in the Inbox now redirects to the draft with a review for the guest.
- By clicking the Copy Email button in the guest thread you can copy the guest email to the clipboard.
- The Live support button in the main menu was not visible on the mobile version in the Multi-Calendar 2.0 view. This issue has been fixed, and now the feature works as it should📱
- Fixed a bug relating to the due date on the top of the invoice not matching the date at the bottom (if changed). Now the information is consistent throughout the invoice.
- Resolved an error whereby the threads would sometimes be incorrectly shown as unread. Now the read threads stay below the unread ones, to avoid confusion.
- Fixed problems with the Rates view of the New Multi-calendar. Initially, the page would go blank, or some prices and dates would go missing. There was also an issue in terms of the creation of direct bookings. Now the section works as expected🗓️
- Corrected the New Multi-calendar performance on iOS. Occasionally the page would not load, but now it operates on the mobile app and maintains all the functionality of the desktop version.
- Direct bookings won’t be removed now, even if an attached invoice expires.
- Improved the Inbox display. We discovered that sometimes a sent Airbnb Special Offer was showing as failed, even though it had succeeded. Now the information is shown correctly.
- Now an Airbnb listing description gets pulled to iGMS, even if it’s written in a language other than English📜
- Corrected an error relating to Booking.com property time zone being incorrectly identified.
- Improved the Payouts report display. Now it shows the payout description for every reservation💰
- Improved the system behavior with opening threads from the Multi-calendar view. Initially, it would lead to the old thread with the same guest. Now the system redirects to the correct one📧
- Reworked the on-booking and on-inquiry triggers functionality. Now the templates are sent as scheduled.
We hereby invite you to join our weekly live webinars, where you can see all the great features in action and ask any questions you might have. Right now, you can sign up for iGMS for FREE, so you can start the new year with iGMS automated tools.
Before we sign out for 2020, the entire team here at iGMS would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year🎄